[DeTomaso] High Oil Pressure all of the sudden

shawkins777 at comcast.net shawkins777 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 2 23:34:34 EDT 2013

Cold oil.

Steve

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rob Dumoulin" <rob at dumoulins.net>
To: "DeTomaso Mail List" <DeTomaso at poca.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 2, 2013 9:30:45 PM
Subject: [DeTomaso] High Oil Pressure all of the sudden

I'm a frequent glancer at my gauges. Always have been. Tonight I took 1488
to dinner and on the way back I noticed the oil pressure gauge almost to 70
PSI at 2K RPM. At idle it backs down to about 45 and engine off, it goes
to zero. Normally, it would stay about 35 PSI at 2K RPM and my drop just
below that at idle. I pulled off and made sure the sensor wire was not
shorting out anywhere obvious and limped it home.

Oil was changed about 2 weeks ago, so it's fresh. Level is perfect. It's
about 70 degrees here and the engine temp is normal. It's a nice cool
night, but no different than other nights or days recently I've gone out.
Because it has never happened before, it got my attention. What would make
that happen?

Rob