[DeTomaso] Richmond Bridge a good place to speed?

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Tue Apr 2 16:27:33 EDT 2013

"He then closed the cap, and took off across
the Richmond bridge, which started right outside his office.

Walter was/is a maniac.   Great guy, but a maniac.   He wanted to see how
fast it would go, and the bridge is a great place because there's no place
for cops to hide.   Traffic was light so he just ran it up to redline in 5th
gear.  "

Bwahahaha - the little black and white buddies will hide at the toll booth to wait for a suspect.

Cliff notes from court:  "I observed the defendant leave the toll plaza and accelerate.  I limited my pursuit speed to 110mph.  When I topped the crest (about 1/2 way across) the defendant was no longer on the bridge.  I called for backup."

Defendant: " He wrote me for 125 in a 55 zone . . . I was going WAY faster than that, but there was no other traffic!  When I came off the bridge and saw the patrol cars waiting for me ahead with lights flashing, I knew I was hosed."

After one gets off the bridge, there is still a good, straight, wind-free, smooth two miles into San Rafael.  I saw Arneson's 275GTB/4 RAPE an E-Type one night on that road.

Anyway, the little black and white buddies have some kind of cloaking device and one NEVER knows where they will be sitting, waiting, sharpening their little claws.

The defendant had US Navy legal counsel with him in court and barely escaped incarceration.  That judge was, how you say?, upset.

Oh, and if a CHP officer asks you to leave with his hand on his service revolver . . . .don't argue.

Uh, that's the way I heard it . . . .