[DeTomaso] Outside rubber on windowframe

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Apr 1 11:33:21 EDT 2013

In a message dated 4/1/13 8 15 13, mikael_hass at mail.tele.dk writes:

> I'm talking about rubber that doesn't touch glass, it seals the upper
> crome part of the doors to the frame when door closes
>

>>>Ah, I see!

It just slides into the channel.   Mine were installed backwards for years,
before I got help here (Chuck Engles sent me some great photos) and I just
slid mine out and flipped them side-to-side.

The open part of the rubber faces inwards, so that any water that might
touch runs along the top and gets routed towards the outside.   Before, I used
to get water drips when driving in the rain.   But I drove home from Laguna
Seca on Sunday and spent almost three hours in the rain, and nary a drop
from the doors.   (The windshield is another story!   Grrrr....)

I just ran to the garage and shot a not-especially-good photo:

Even though there is a 90-degree bend molded into the rubber, it still
distorts slightly in the corner, as the actual bend in the door is greater than
90 degrees.

This same piece of rubber is used in the Mangusta, by the way....and
presumably in your Longchamp?   Somebody may have installed your Longchamp rubber
backwards.   If it's not like in the above photo, it should be easy to
remove it and just switch side-to-side to get the same effect.