[DeTomaso] Home again // Some PC

B Hower b.hower3400 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 26 01:58:45 EDT 2012

Yes, in my Pantera ( no spare parts inventory along ) with my newly lowered rebuilt steering rack, caster shim changes, new front tires, and alignment. ( and Mike -- with my little ~ 12" steering wheel ). In rain for 9 hours as I was headed for PA. One ticket 12 miles from the house as I was starting out. My 295/50 Toyo Proxes STs once broke loose ( third gear in the rain ) as I was entering highway from ramp scaring me and the others near me. One 4" x 4" ~6 foot  post lying in the road at an angle that barely went between the tires made me have to change clothes early. It was just over a sharp peek in the road, barrier on one side, 18 wheeler on the right, only time to jerk that 12" wheel and not even time to pray. My first stretch without sleep was 24.5 hours. Cleaned and drained water from wiper motor in MI, and drove from Davenport home with no power assist on brakes. But loved every minute of the trip regardless of it all. I think I need to
 have my GPS looked at because it had a max speed of 98.5 recorded --------- that surely can't be correct. I would start out again, given half a chance.

Brad, I will post a URL to Photobucket for some pictures of trip.

http://photobucket.com/howercattrip

Barry, I ask them where I can park ( away from others ) and see it from my room window -- that worked this whole trip.

Don't sit and look at it !!!  --- Dive it till it breaks -- fix it and drive it some more !!!.

Bud #3400