[DeTomaso] Tires

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Sep 25 01:09:24 EDT 2012

In a message dated 9/24/12 20 24 32, pantdino at aol.com writes:

> 335's are clearly too wide for the 11" wheels many people were getting
> back when I was shopping for wheels and tires a few years ago.
>
>>>Every manufacturer I've seen specifies a minimum wheel width of 11
inches for 335/35-17 tires (usually the range is 11-13 inches).

So 335's aren't "clearly too wide".   The wheel is "just wide enough".

>And if you are interested in balanced handling you have to choose tires in
an appropriate ratio to each other.  Wide rear tires will tend to make an
understeering car.

>>>Absolutely right!   The 335s may look macho, but people who have tried
several sizes have reported that the best handling actually came from 275s on
the rear....