[DeTomaso] Tires

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Mon Sep 24 22:10:49 EDT 2012

Dear Mr. Excitement,

        FWIW,  I also run 315-35-17 rears on both Panteras.  They both have
17x 9 inch front wheels from Pantera Performance.  One Pantera runs
255-40-17 and the other runs 245-40-17, IIRC.  They both run 4 to 5 degrees
positive caster.  The tire width and the caster produces an unhappy meeting
of the front outer fender lip at about 10 o'clock on the left and about 2
o'clock on the right.  That requires some gentle massaging of the fender lip
by a body man to make it work.  Yes, the inner edge of the tire rubs the
inner fender, which occurs classically at parking lot speed with full lock
on the steering wheel.  It is no big deal.   Photos would be nice, but,
alas, there are none.

                   Warmest regards,  Chuck Engles