[DeTomaso] Exhaust question

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Sep 21 23:17:09 EDT 2012

In a message dated 9/21/12 20 13 12, tmshinro at aol.com writes:

> It dawned on me that the Pantera shares the same type of exhaust that my
> mustang has;  headers with separate exhaust pipes and separate mufflers.
> Does this mean that the Pantera also suffers the same ills by not having a
> cross over pipe?
>

>>>Yes, but the realities of the Pantera chassis preclude the fitment of an
effective crossover.   It needs to be located relatively close to the
collectors to be effective.   Mind Train offered one that went behind the rear
sway bar (as an option) but it's never been demonstrated to have any effect
other than adding weight.

On the other hand, I can tell you from personal experience that adding a
crossover to my GT350 clone knocked a few DB off the noise signature and made
it quieter inside.   I can't honestly say I could tell any performance
change though.