[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 98, Issue 20-Silver State-Misc

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Sep 20 19:42:42 EDT 2012

First my hat is off to Team Pantera Race members
in this years Silver State.. great group of guys and fun
times.... I had too much going to make the trip for me- trying to work

Second I wanted to comment on my gas mileage for my car
I do drive in a lot lower gear than needed... third and fourth
down the freeway, going thru the traps at the drag strip in 3rd
gear, etc... don't need to do that but bad habit from my 2 stroke
dirt bike days.. love to hear it rev.. my buddy with a 576 hp cleveland
was right behind me and had almost a half of tank of gas left and
I was on vapors last Sunday.....reminds me of times riding my 520 ktm with
my
buddy on the same bike, same trail and we go the the gas station
and I put 1 gallon more in my bike then him on a 3,4 gallon tank
Bob's riding or driving style.. not there to save gas but to have fun
I do have a 830 Nascar Holley with it jetted up 8 sizes on the secondaries
and 6 on the primaries... could knock it down on the primaries but
it sorts of calms the beast down for driving around town:)

Thrid... having fun with misaligned push rods on my canted valve
Pontiac... solid roller cam but big,big spring pressures.. broke
the modified push rod guide on one side and cracking one on the other
May have to lighten things up on the springs and maybe a solid flat
tappet cam... new engine builder (just took old stuff from one block to the
other)
might have to modifiy things to keep it together... 755 hp might be going
down- but still light years more than my 600 hp Pantera- hope to get it
ironed out

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera still keeps on running