[DeTomaso] rocker alignment

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Wed Sep 19 09:09:39 EDT 2012

Just got my engine back from the builder.  After I got over the bling factor I noticed some of the rockers are not lined up directly over the top of the valve stem tip.
See picture links.  These CompCam rockers are installed on CHI 3v heads.  I've rotated the engine several times and the alignment doesn't differ.
All of roller tips are hitting the center of the valve stem so I think the pushrod lengths are good.
It's just the offset side to side on a couple of the rockers that has me worried.
Appreciate any opinions.
http://poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=38019
http://poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=38017

IMO, not even close to "good enough",  "close enough for who it is"  or even adequate.  Fix it!

David in Durango