[DeTomaso] Oil Cooler location?

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Wed Sep 19 09:04:52 EDT 2012

"I went to a swap meet and found what I hope to be engine oil cooler.? This small brass radiator is 3?w x 13?x 6?h. This is a high quality piece as it was built for a military application with ?10 AN to 1/2 ?? fittings. I was thinking of mounting it behind the radiator. Is this too far away from the engine? What size line should I use so I will not lose pressure? Would volume be a factor to consider??? If mounting the oil cooler in the front would cause problems what would be the best location?"

What oil temps are you running now?  Track or ORR?

How clean is the cooler you bought?  What did it come off of?  Can it be cleaned?

Just wondering. . . . .

yellow driver,
David in Durango