[DeTomaso] control arm bushings, thick shoulder in or out???

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 18:59:31 EDT 2012

Mark,

    I should have made it clear that I have after market (I think urethane) bushings.  In each pair, one had a wider shoulder and one a narrower shoulder. I'll measure them tonight, but I'd guess the difference is about 1/10 of an inch.  Mine fit great, but differently in the front and rear, the wider had to be on the outside for the rear control arms to line up with the ears, but on the front, they fit with both thick shoulders on the same side, which lets me add caster by putting the thick shoulders to the front on the upper control arms and to the rear on the lower control arms.

Ken