[DeTomaso] Rocker arm alignment

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 15:06:14 EDT 2012

I'm very much an amateur at this, so take this with a grain of salt.

I had the same problem and I still worry if I got them aligned well enough.  You can bend the pushrod guides, and even cut and weld them.  I think the holes in the guides are a little over sized, so sometimes you can loosen the rocker arm studs and move the guide a bit, then tighten.  Probably fill the gaps with locktight.  I even used some different guides (Manley and comp Cams) on different cylinders and one brand matched better that the other on the different cylinders.  I'm surprised the engine builder was satisfied with what he gave you.

Ken