[DeTomaso] Oil cooler location

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Tue Sep 18 14:25:10 EDT 2012

Michael, do you run a fan on yours? If not is the air directed over it
some how?

When I got my car the oil cooler was in front of the right tire. I did not
like the oil lines run under the car so I moved it to the left and so it
could be hooked up with short oil lines therefore building a fuel tank for
the right side.

Originally mine had no air flow and was in a stagnate location rendering
it fairly useless. If an oil cooler is poorly installed they get a bad
rap.

BTW the old nascar I have has a small oil cooler and it is in the rear
floor board with long lines and a healthy reservoir. On the other side it
also has a differential cooler with a pump on the differential.