[DeTomaso] Oil cooler location

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 13:48:56 EDT 2012

Mine is located in front of the Right Rear Wheel.

Placing it up front add at least 2-3 quarts of capacity, lots more
opportunity for failure ( leaks, line damage, if SS Braided ( great expense
)
and why do you want even hotter air cooling your radiator ( plus, if you
put an A/C consendor up there, not enough room for three things ).

IMHO it is the radiant heat loss from going through the cooler as much as
any great amount of air flow through the cooler.

You'll also need a seriously Heavy Duty oil pump to make the 20 foot round
trip plus a trip through the filter.

My old 911 SC had a frontmounted oil cooler, but it was designed that way (
and no radiator   ;-)   .  Cobra Kits sometimes have them ( to look cool
more than to function )
but the engine is 2 feet away.

Michael Shortt