[DeTomaso] Oil cooler location

J B Reardon jbreardon at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 13:41:08 EDT 2012

I went to a swap meet and found what I hope to be engine oil cooler.  This small brass radiator is 3”w x 13”x 6”h. This is a high quality piece as it was built for a military application with –10 AN to 1/2 “  fittings. I was thinking of mounting it behind the radiator. Is this too far away from the engine? What size line should I use so I will not lose pressure? Would volume be a factor to consider?   If mounting the oil cooler in the front would cause problems what would be the best location?

Jim Reardon