[DeTomaso] Paint schemes

Tom Shinrock tmshinro at aol.com
Sun Sep 16 17:57:54 EDT 2012

My '73 GTS came over from Germany.  The guy I bought it from 25 years ago brought it over.   He stripped the car down to bare metal and built it back up but he took a couple of pictures of what the car looked like before it was restored.   You can see these pictures on the PROVAMO detomaso registry (VIN 5186).   The car had a custom paint job which I'll try and describe.

The car was a dark blue and had light grey/silver accents that covered the top of the front fenders, the top of the sail panels on the rear deck and on the raised rib on the center of the rear deck.  There was a accent colored pin stripe around these accents.  Very 70s.

Tom