[DeTomaso] Alternator found

Brian bd8134 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 09:16:27 EDT 2012

Nissans have fuses, or breakers on the their alternator outputs and some on the other wires.
I am not sure what other factory cars do, but I cannot find a reason why that would be a problem if correctly wired.
Painless sell them. http://www.painlesswiring.com/Manuals/30709.pdf
http://www.dbelectrical.com/p-3478-ford-chevy-high-output-alternator-fuse-block-wiring-kit-101.aspx
My sense wire for the alternator goes to the alternator output post.
If my breaker went it would only sense the alternator output that is if it had not smoked itself.
I would rather replace an alternator than deal with smoking wiring if my alternator failed again.
Your car would not run that long on just the battery and the amp meter would show a drain, possibly the alt light on the dash would be lit.