[DeTomaso] dual rear calipers

Pantdino pantdino at aol.com
Tue Sep 11 00:06:08 EDT 2012

I believe the prop valve had been removed by the previous owner when he installed the double rear calipers. Apparently that was a common mod back then.
The car stopped fine before I removed the second set of rears and still does.  But I rebuilt all the calipers, replaced the flex hoses, and changed from silicone to regular fluid at the same time, so there were too many changes to say what the calipers alone might have done.
The only thing I note is a firmer, higher pedal -- probably a combination of less fluid to move before the pads hit the rotors and the non-compressible fluid.

I have never had the desire to do a panic stop / lock the wheels just to see what maximum stopping is.  The car stops plenty hard enough for the driving I do.

Jim