[DeTomaso] Half Shaft Bolts/Nuts

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Sep 10 19:39:05 EDT 2012

In a message dated 9/10/12 16 02 2, ncpantera at bellsouth.net writes:

> Can anyone provide me a source for half shaft hardware besides the
> vendors that
> want to charge $75 for the 16 nuts and bolts?
>

>>>Sure, that's easy!

The Ford parts book doesn't identify the size of the bolt; they are just
called 'bolt'.   The nut, however, is referred to by size--7/16-20.
Presumably the bolts are the same size; long-shank 7/16x20 bolts are also known as
AN-7.

Aircraft Spruce sells perfect replacement AN-7 bolts in the appropriate
length.   The part number is AN7/11A.   They cost a whopping $1.38 each:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an7.php

The matching nut is AN365/720A; they cost .86 each:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/an363_1.php

The Ford parts book indicates that M11 split washers were used with the
7/16 bolts.   M11 split washers are impossible to find, but nominally identical
7/16 washers (part number AN935C716, cost .49 each) appear here:

http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/hapages/lockwashers.php

That should do you nicely!