[DeTomaso]   dual rear calipers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Sep 10 13:42:33 EDT 2012

In a message dated 9/10/12 0 02 29, guson at home.se writes:

> I would expect a prop valve in the rear circuit to be necessary.
>

>>>Perhaps so.   The cars that I've seen that had this modification didn't
have one though.   It may be just a happy accident that doubling down on the
rear brakes by adding a second pair of stock calipers can be compensated
for by removing the pressure reduction valve in the front circuit, thereby
increasing pressure to the front calipers.   Fine-tuning could be achieved with
an adjustable proportioning valve, but testing would need to be done to
determine if it was needed for the front or rear circuit.