[DeTomaso]   dual rear calipers

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Sep 9 21:28:16 EDT 2012

In a message dated 9/9/12 18 25 31, oldwheel at shaw.ca writes:

> Mike Dailey's request about rear calipers got me thinking again, about
> adding a second stock caliper to my stock rear bakes. ( Ford era ).
>
> If anyone has succeeded in this endeavor and has any photos of how you did
> it to send, me, I'd be very thankful to you for that.
>

>>>It's a fairly straightforward procedure.   You just bolt a second set of
calipers on the rear, and remove the pressure reduction valve in the front.
  Run a T-fitting from the two rear flex hoses to the hard line on each
side, and you're in business.   It adds a ton of weight, and there are far, far
better ways to get improved braking, but if you have a spare set of stock
calipers lying around, then it's an almost no-cost upgrade.

I wouldn't buy a set of calipers to do this though.