[DeTomaso] Last weekend's trip

CharlesMcCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 14:01:13 EDT 2012

Hi all

For the second time in 4 months, we participated in an exotic car weekend
here in Spain. This was the first running of this particular event, called
LuxuryRace, so nobody knew exactly what to expect.

There was a rather eclectic collection of cars, from a 56 Cadillac, a dozen
Porsches, a moderate number of late-model Ferrari, a Citroen
Traction-Avant... and one DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S. Roughly 60 cars showed up,
which is a pretty good turnout for the first year of the event!

Here's a video I found to give an idea of the cars participating:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ngz7rbJJfQ

The most noteworthy experience of both events was that the police shut down
traffic through the center of town, and we had a police escort taking us
from the site of the car show to lunch... In both cases, this was an amazing
experience... 15-20 minutes blasting through the city center with the police
getting mad at you for not going fast enough, crowds of people lining the
sidewalks to watch us fly past...  My friend has a video taken from his
Gallardo where he was leaving the city going 180 k/hr, and the police
motorcycle pulls up alongside him, gesturing madly for him to pick up the
pace! This is not something seen very often, and is a true adrenaline rush.

A small handful of pictures from the weekend may be found here:

Including one of a half dozen kids who took turns having their pictures
taken in front of the Pantera...

Charles McCall
Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe
1985 DeTomaso Pantera #9375