[DeTomaso] Incredible example of Tjaarda design

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 23:06:20 EDT 2012

I actually owned one of those, we used it as a runners car. Actually have a
sad, although redeeming story about it.

After my divorce, things were tough, I had a race car, A tow pick up truck
and the Fiesta. My ego was about as defeated as it could be, I had a first
date with someone I met through a friend at a party, she was cute, a
divorced single Mom. I went to her house, parked the Fiesta, went up to the
door, went inside, all good. Made small talk to baby sitter, said good bye
and we walked out side. She saw the little car and said, Are we taking THAT?
We can take my car if you want too.
I stood there for a moment, reflected on my recently sold Porsche 911, and
BMW 325. Then said.
I'm driving THAT car and you won't have to be seen in it...and drove away.
I'd be lying if I didn't admit to a tear or two, that's about the worst
date in my life. Sometime's people don't know the whole story and should
just Shut up.

Michael