[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 98, Issue 6-decklids

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Sep 6 18:17:20 EDT 2012

I switched my early decklid latch to one of the new ones
and broke it the first time I went to the track
Cracked it the second time autocrossing
My car has braces, cage, extra supports welded
in the back as it is an early car... After we pinned
the deck things have stayed together.... I can say
that a spirited drive over the hills to the coast seem
to crack my pillars the most.. will do that upgrade
next time we paint it

I do drive it a bit hard as there is no other way
then bouncing the rev limiter in the turn

Thinking of doing a Larry Stock style spoiler on my car
to rotate with the Wing that Mike Drew loves so much
It does go on and off in about 20 minutes

Side note: Utube/drive is going to do a video of the Pantera in about two
weeks:)

My Pantera is the reliable car.. always running.. the 70 trans am clone's
motor is out and
at the engine builders again... hopefully running again soon-eating rockers
for now
And always blowing up in the past

Bob Benson