[DeTomaso] Nothing runs....

Stephen Nelson steve at snclocks.com
Thu Sep 6 14:27:41 EDT 2012

Being in the market for a car - this e-mail spoke to me.  I have looked at
two so far - both showing signs of extensive work, but not quality work.
And, given what I saw, I would not expect either of them to be reliable.

I guess I am realizing that the car I am looking for needs to come from
someone who takes care of their own car, or has a mechanic that treats it as
if it were his own (making the rash assumption that said mech would want
things done right on his own car).  Way too many of these cars have problems
because of the people working on them - not because the cars are inherently
unreliable.  As a watchmaker once said "Many people can work on a watch, a
few can even make it work".

I can understand you're getting a bit offended - I feel the same way when
people bad mouth the reliability of the Jag E-Types - it really isn't the
car - it is the mechanics.

Stephen Nelson