[DeTomaso] Nothing runs....

Charles Engles cengles at cox.net
Wed Sep 5 20:21:23 EDT 2012

Dear Jeff and Mike,

               I agree with you both.   I find the cover implies a negative
connotation of the Pantera and its owners. That is what I thought when I saw
the link and a picture of the cover.

               I had some time to kill this afternoon and so I decided to
read the chapter.  It does not say anything bad about the Pantera and does
indeed deal with an obese man trying to squeeze into a Pantera to buy it and
take it racing.  The story is about the fat man and not about Pantera vices.

              So.... I find the book's cover art very disappointing and the
sample chapter entertaining.

                           Warmest regards, Chuck Engles  (New York Times
Book Review Freelancer)