[DeTomaso] Deck lid wobbles

David D Fisher fisher95020 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 5 20:10:35 EDT 2012

I'm pretty convinced that the real solution is a chassis stiffener and an updated latch assembly and possibly still something additional like pins.   My paint is starting to show cracks on the back pillars, so I expect I am driving it harder than the previous owner now that the brakes and suspension work.  Luckily I am discovering all of this on an old paint job.

Thanks Mike for pointing to your site and the detailed how to's ... hard to believe I have lived this long without every discovering Nutserts!  I have to get some of those.

I remember someone having a rather clever incarnation of the deck bumpers mounted sideways in the lid itself to hold it in place against the two fenders.  I kind of like that idea but cant find the reference to it.

Gary,  your fix is way beyond my skill level, but thanks for the inspiration.

David