[DeTomaso] ZF surface refresh

Dick Koch arkoch at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 4 12:01:07 EDT 2012

In 2004 I watched my wife use Rub 'n Buff to highlight a picture frame
and decided to try it on my ZF when I had the ZF out of the car to get
Lloyd to fix a problem with it. The one thing I would add to Dave's note
is that it is easy to touch up any "dirty" spots once the ZF is back in
the car.

For a matte finish (cast metal appearance) the Rub 'n Buff is the best,
easiest and least costly cast metal refresh that is available. One tube
goes a long way.

I have been using it for years on all kinds of cast metal parts, as well
as a few other non metal parts that needed a unique look.

Additionally, there are other colors that you can use for other surfaces
you may want to refresh.  Rub 'n Buff is made from imported carnauba
waxes, fine metallic powders, and select pigments. The unique blend
gives objects decorated with Rub 'n Buff® a finish that no paint can
duplicate! Available in 16 colors.

You can also blend the colors to come up with your own unique colors.
The following web site has a color chart from which to choose a color
that matches the finish you want, as well as instructions on its use on
all kinds of materials.

http://www.amaco.com/shop/product-437-rub-n-buff-metallic-finishes.html

Dick Koch - Atlanta