[DeTomaso] ZF temperatures

Dave dave at damardirect.com
Tue Sep 4 10:02:05 EDT 2012

The easiest (and cheapest) way to clean up the discolored ZF is get a
tube of silver leaf Rub 'n Buff from a neighborhood arts and craft store like
Michael's.  A 1/2 oz tube ($3.99) will do 2-3 transmissions. I apply mostly with a tooth brush.

Seems to look great for about 3-4 years. Your driving habits could cause a different outcome.

Of course, clean the case very well. I used stainless steel stem brushes in a couple of diameters. IF you can find it, Simple Green "Automotive" is great. It is NOT the regular Simple Green.
Every now and then I see if I can find it, not in the last 3-4 years.

I'm sure others on this list have tried it and found it to be one of the BEST
bargains available. I originally found out about it on the Ferrari forum, about 7 years ago.

IndyDave