[DeTomaso] Headlight motor wiring problems

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Sep 3 20:18:41 EDT 2012

In a message dated 9/3/12 17 03 51, knottsj at galstar.com writes:

> The motor was gone and only the
> wiring was left dangling.
>
>>>DOH! :<(
>
> >I do feel a bit dense for not verifying that everything was there before
> chasing all the wiring.
>
>>>I had the same thing happen when I bought my Pantera.   Driver's window
was stuck up.   Horsed around with electricity for ages before pulling the
door panel and finding the motor missing!

> > I did find that it does not have relays for the
> lights, so that is scheduled for this winter.
>
>>>Do you mean the limit switches?   Or the headlight door relay, the very
complicated power-reversing thing that has a clear plastic cover and costs a
fortune?   And comes in two versions to make life even more interesting...

> >Just wondering if there is a suggested replacement motor like the window
> motor replacements.
>
>>>No, the stock motor is the way to go.   This motor was used in a variety
of Italian cars and there are newer varients that have flat sides as
opposed to round, but functionally they are all the same.   Make sure you install
a brass gear iin the gearbox at the same time (assuming you have the
gearbox?)

Are you only missing the motor, or the whole assembly?   I might have a
spare assembly lying around--I know I did have two of them but may have sold
them already.   I'll look if you need me to...