[DeTomaso] Highest ZF tempeature ?

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Sep 1 22:45:22 EDT 2012

In a message dated 9/1/12 7 09 43, michaelsavga at gmail.com writes:

> I wash mine ( engine area ) every time I wash the car, about every 3rd or
> 4th time I also spray it with Eagle One wheel cleaner for Rough Cast
> wheels
> ( O'Reilly's) and about once a year brush on Aluminum Jelly and let it sit
> 5-10 minutes before washing off.
> Just be careful,  both of these products will eat the red and blue off of
> any AN parts nearby.
> It looks really good, almost white- silver afterwards.

FWIW Lloyd Butfoy showed me a trick...he uses WD40 exclusively for care and
feeding of the ZF finish.   It works surprisingly well as a solvent, i.e.
you spray it down and then wipe it down and it cleans it.   It also seals the
pores and makes it much easier to keep clean afterwards and leaves a nice
finish.