[DeTomaso] Brake Flaring Tool

Will Kooiman will.kooiman at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 22:15:17 EDT 2012

I recently purchased the K Tool Brake Flaring Tool.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/KTI-70081/?rtype=10

I strongly recommend this tool.  Like most people, I have struggled with
traditional flaring tools.  I gave up years ago on double flares.  I did
single flares, but I was never happy with the quality.

The K Tool is a dream.  I didn't have time to play with it very much.  I
received it in the mail, and then I had to hit the road (still on the road).
But, the very first thing I tried was a double brake flare.  I did not
lubricate the fitting, nor did I clean up the tube after cutting (before
flaring), and it still came out nice and clean.  There was a very small
scuff.  Other than that, it looked perfect.

Jack ­ you need to do an article on this tool.  There is a nice video on
you-tube.

I don't remember where I heard about this tool.  It might have been this
list.

I bought mine from Summit for about $200. That's a lot for a flaring tool,
but I'd buy it again in a heartbeat.