[DeTomaso] Time for a turn signal rebuild?

B. Seib oldwheel at shaw.ca
Sun Oct 28 11:09:05 EDT 2012

It sounds like it could be a bad flasher unit. If it works at first and then
speeds up when it gets hot, that's how the old bimetal flasher might fail.

Barry

----

In a message dated 10/27/12 6 50 46, mbefthomas at comcast.net writes:

> Lately, when I turn on my left signal, after about 5-10 seconds, it
> starts
> blinking in double-time.  I don't have any burned out bulbs.  Right side
> works fine.
> Does this sound like a resistance issue, does my signal need to be
> rebuilt?
> SOBill?
>

>>>That's not a switch issue.   When a turn signal blinks in double-time,
it's caused by one of the two turn signal bulbs being on the fritz.
Chances
are you've got schmeg in the connector between the turn signal harness and
the main wiring harness in the front, or where the wires connect to the lamp
itself.

Jack the car up, pull the wheels, pull the access panels, and clean all
your connections....and do the rears too, while you're at it. :>)