[DeTomaso] Harmonic Balancer

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 26 15:37:52 EDT 2012

Someone can correct me here, but I'm not sure that is necessarily proof your old balancer is bad, escpecially if the new Romac is a generic application unit. Timing marks are arbitrary to align to a pointer which is not necessarily the same on all models. Some aftermarket balancers actually carry 2 or 3 sets of timing marks for multiple applications. The true test is to set #1 piston at TDC and check the '0' timing mark aligns with the pointer.

Julian