[DeTomaso] The cost of going fast . . .

David in Durango adin at frontier.net
Fri Oct 26 14:50:02 EDT 2012

Met the nicest sheriff's deputy the other day . . .  55 in a 35 he said. (La Posta Road - follows the river sort of, with plenty of curves, corners, ups and downs and damn little traffic.)
"I'm glad you didn't run - I know I couldn't catch you!"

"Is that thing insured?"  "Lots of cattle and horses out here!"  "Is that thing insured." (A question repeated at least 17 times.)

Then: "Don't worry about the paperwork, I'll run it through the computer." (*^%$&*(&&!!!  Why do they ask for it?)

and finally - "Can I see the engine?"  {insert Cleveland disertation}  The question I love the most - "How fast have you had it?"  {insert how I legally went 148, standing start mile in Nebraska}

So, How much is one of those hot-rod go-faster Hennessey Caddys?  How many  hp?  And it won't even pull 6th gear?

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/10/25/car-hits-220-mph-on-new-texas-highway/?intcmp=features

PS: Mr. Gray, everyone needs 3x HP.  I'd settle for double.