[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 99, Issue 20-BRAZING

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Thu Oct 25 19:09:19 EDT 2012

I used to have to touchup the brazing on my air
pump tubes that fed into my headers on my 69 Z28-(smog bs)
lots of popping but mostly due to oil, dirt.. got pretty
good at it.. but they were a pain as they always cracked...
wish we would have welded them in the first place instead of brazing
Kept wondering if I would set the car on fire

Chome on the bumpers!!!  My car was all blacked out...So
 I sanded, scraped and polished them back to their
original finish.. looks great on a Black Car

Amp meter.. mine needle stays in the same place
slightly charging for the last 7 years... of course I
by-passed the damn thing when I saw a few puffs
of smoke coming out of it... just like my Oil temp
gauge.. never pegs any more since the wire broke
a few years ago.. and I go faster on the track now
that I don't know what the Oil temp is showing:)

Bob Benson