[DeTomaso] Junction Block? was Relays, Fans, Ammeter, etc.

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Mon Oct 22 13:52:27 EDT 2012

Recap: On the Pantera I have three "relay sockets" where the mounting tab is on
the socket not the relay.  I still believe I got these from JC Whitney years
ago, complete with high-quality wire pigtails.

Turns out these are a fit, form, function interchange with those I bought
several years ago:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290685058786?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

A refreshing respite from the usual "they don't make those anymore", the story
of my life.  But no pigtails.

At a glance, the 70 amp relays are only available with tab on the relay, not on
the socket.  Would prefer the tab be on the socket.

But what's got me momentarily stumped is, where is that notorious four-circuit
junction block on the car, the one with the screws holding the wires?  I know
I've seen it before and even tightened the screws, but now can't find it.  Is it
perhaps under those plastic covers on the side of the steering column / do I
need to drop the column to see it ?

Thanks,

GD