[DeTomaso] Hawaii 5 0 episode

David and Marilyn Bell davidabell at att.net
Fri Oct 19 14:42:41 EDT 2012

Chuck,

Thanks for the complement. I'd written the Hawaii 5-0 review way back in '01 or '02 and had actually forgotten about it until the recent Detomaso post revived my memory.

I enjoy writing once and a while (it's a nice creative outlet) but the oil bidness pays the rent (and the Pantera). In my younger life I was very altruistic and also very naive.  I became an archeologist because it was facinating and incredibly fun. But after spending a couple of years working for the US Forest Service, eating nothing but peanut butter sandwiches and popcorn, living in a basement apartment (not much bigger than Harry Potters closet under the stairs) and generally making way less money than before I got the archeology degree, the fun started to wear off.  I figured out that a little money wasn't necessarily bad and went back to school.

Besides geology is pretty cool stuff too.

Dave