[DeTomaso] Gas tank breather

gow2 at rc-tech.net gow2 at rc-tech.net
Fri Oct 19 09:53:24 EDT 2012

When I built my fuel tank, I wanted a roll over valve that was a vent.
Many of the aftermarket roll over valves have the ball valve outside the
tank and vent to fresh air. You can see it is the purple fitting.

http://www.rc-tech.net/cars2/panttransam/ei/ei3.jpg

I chose the valve which is set up internal to the tank. It took some real
fishing to get it in. A roll over valve really doesn't stop fumes or
sloshing fuel but as the name implies, roll it over and it closes the
vent.

With the internal valve I am left with not with an external vent I could
do nothing with but rather an AN fitting I can then take and do whatever I
wish to after that. If I bring the hose up high then ring it down I am
likely to catch all fuel which might creep up from the height. If I wish
to go into a vapor canister I still can.