[DeTomaso] Replacement Alternator

Thomas Tornblom thomas at hax.se
Fri Oct 19 07:20:39 EDT 2012

2012-10-19 04:17, Corey Price skrev:
> Part number for the Bosch alternator???

The Bosch number is 035 903 015 D.

Unfortunately the sticker is damaged such that the first part of the VW
number is gone, but the last few groups appear to be 20 469 514.

I think the mounting bracket may be different on my late car, compared
to earlier cars. The alternator is mounted to one of the threaded holes
in the right head, via a large hex shaped piece of steel, which has an
UNC threaded stud in one end, which goes into the head. It has an M8
threaded hole in the other end, which holds the alternator and stamped
bracket on the outside of the large mount.

The alternator looks just like any other alternator, and it has two
wires. The large B+ wire that goes to the ammeter, or where it goes, and
the thin idiot lamp wire.

> Corey

Cheers,
Thomas