[DeTomaso] Registry

The DeTomaso Registry Guy detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:01:16 EDT 2012

I understand that Chuck is just trying to build the registry, but I think
it would work better with a public and private section.

Cars for sale should be on the public side - to avoid the catch-22.

But it isn't my project.

BTW, there is a very nice GT5 Pantera for sale in the Houston area.  I
hate to see it go, but if you are interested, we can get you some pics.

Ah, some worthy comments/criticism ...

Actually there IS public and private sections.  The section for cars for
sale is public.

When a car is advertised for sale on ProvaMo (Same as the
www.DeTomasoRegistry.org )

it is available to the "public"... or more accurately, it is available to
people that have yet to share any content.  The For Sale section does
require a login, and this was necessary to respond to the suggestions from
sellers that reported getting unwanted and unrelated e-mail from people.  It
seems someone or someones were trolling for e-mail addresses, and once I put
the For Sale section behind the login wall, all that bullshit stopped.  I
should have done that sooner.  Live and learn.

Note there is a difference between a car for sale at ProvaMo, and a car for
sale elsewhere, like craigslist.  I don't have time to create a For Sale ad
for every car for sale.  If I've connected with the seller and they request
a For Sale ad, then I am happy to assist, and the ad appears on ProvaMo.

But there are a lot of cars for sale in the world... thus I created a page
for links to sites that frequently advertise DeTomaso cars for sale....
Called "WhereCarsCanBeFound"
http://www.detomasoregistry.org/WhereCarsCanBeFound.asp

This page is also available to the public.

So Will (& Ken) thanks for your input, and my opportunity to clarify.

Best Regards,

Chuck