[DeTomaso] Replacement Alternator

Jeff Udelson jefude at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 18 13:43:13 EDT 2012

I want to replace my OEM alternator with a higher output 100
amp unit.  Also I want to stay with the three
wire externally regulated style.

There is a company in California, Quality Power that
manufactures new 100 amp 1G case alternators that fit this description. Is
anyone familiar with or using this unit?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/250564179211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

My other choice is a Tuff Stuff Performance 100 amp unit 7078NG.
It has a hybrid 1G case. Ford front mated to a GM back. However it is ½” longer
and I am concerned about the clearance to the cylinder head.