[DeTomaso] the registry and poca

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Wed Oct 17 15:04:15 EDT 2012

As I have said in the past about Chuck's site, I admire and appreciate the
great effort he puts into it, it is a noble gesture that like event
planning gets little respect or appreciation.
my only concern with it and I have said as much to him directly, I can't
stand the signing in/ password aspect of it.
If the registry had my home address or contact telephone number, I would
not want it shared with the world, but I have no problem with
my photos, name or email address being public.
Otherwise, the well mentioned conundrum still exists, potential Pantera
owners can't see the cars for sale without registering and as a person who
shops online
and uses lots of commerce websites, I plainly don't register to just look
around, if that's a web store's idea to capture marketing data ( and it is
), they'll never get mine
and I'll never spend a dime there. Whereas, if they let me look around and
I buy something, then they would most certainly get my info by virtue of
the checkout and shipping process.

But in the final analysis, it is his site and he can ( like I do with my
events ), do WTF he wants to with it, we can either use the site or not and
attend my events or not.
I have a presence on his site, I do not go there often and when I see an
interesting story and also see that it is a link that requires signing in
using a password - most of the time I skip it
unless I have time to jump through hoops, because it also doesn't remember
who you are ( that would make it seamless ).

Thanks to Chuck for doing the work and he is welcome at my events any time
and any place.

Michael Shortt

As far as the other topic...if you can't say something nice, you shouldn't
say anything and that is my official status from now on.