[DeTomaso] Factory Shunt? was Re:  Ammeter, was Re:  Key difficult to turn

Guido deTomaso guido_detomaso at prodigy.net
Wed Oct 17 02:04:22 EDT 2012

I'm not seeing anything in the text or the photos about an internal shunt.

Seems like a lot to ask of the toothed terminals / brass bar, to maintain a good
connection, transmit 50-60 amps without getting hot.  Tough call then, whether
to put the homemade shunt back in or not.

Also thinking now a system of relays to route current around the ignition switch
makes more sense on the driver side, use the existing feed wires, as John
Buckman seemed to suggest.  Maybe I fixated on adding the 3rd wire without
thinking it through.

GD

>Curious how is it known that an internal shunt exists, without opening up the
ammeter to find it.

http://www.panteraplace.com/page178.htm