[DeTomaso] Fuel tank out

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 16 13:06:42 EDT 2012

Hey Sean,
Do NOT coat the inside of your tank. Many on this forum and the PI board can share horror stories of tank coatings coming off and clogging fuel systems, pickup lines
and filters. When I pulled my tank and talked to two local shops that coat tanks and both recommended against it since my tank was sound. They stated that the tank
should only be coated if it is very rusty, has leaks (from rust, pinholes, seams, etc.), and can't be properly repaired.

Therefore, I thoroughly cleaned my tank, repainted the exterior, and added a new roll-over vent/valve. Scroll down this page for pictures:
http://www.banzairunnerpantera.com/adventures.htm