[DeTomaso] Factory Shunt? was Re:  Ammeter, was Re:  Key difficult to turn

Brian bd8134 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 09:24:19 EDT 2012

My 1978 Pantera did not have an external shunt either.
I have posted my ammeter's demise and dissection here, http://www.poca.com/index.php/gallery/?g2_itemId=38317

I replaced it with a new ammeter from Hall Pantera. It is plastic with a plastic mounting bracket, very nice.

One way to limit the amperage going through the ignition switch is using Pantera Electronics ignition switch controller.
I used an older model than is not on Jon's website, mine does not have the push button start function.
Highly recommend.