[DeTomaso] 2014 FUN RALLY EAST

michael@michaelshortt.com michaelsavga at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 20:29:46 EDT 2012

I'm moving forward with two projects, I hope to have the support of POCA
with both, heretofore, aside from the use of the forum ( which I appreciate
), neither of my Summer Summit events in 2011 or 2012 have had any support
whatsoever. I hope that those in positions of influence will realize that
there are benefits to inclusion and assistance with regard to membership
and Pantera awareness in general.
Project ONE.  2013, June.
Summer Summer #3.  A touring 4 day Pantera event that covers points of
interest and amazing driving roads in
GA, NC, VA and SC. Dates and Itinerary TBA.
PROJECT TWO. 2014, June
FUN RALLY - EAST
Savannah, GA

5 Days - 2 Road Courses, 1 Drag strip,  1 car show and a lowcountry driving
tour
That includes the course of the Original United States Grand Prix from
1908-1916
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Grand_Prix#section_1

I will not have a 2014 Summer Summit.

Savannah will be first because I live here and foresee doing the majority
of the work ( that should in no way imply that help would not be
appreciated ).

I would hope that the POCA would asisst me in promoting FUN RALLY EAST
As either THE only Fun Rally in 2014 or one of two.
It would be unfortunate if these events were seen as competition, I would
love West Coast and Texas, etc. to attend both events, of course I hope
that we really draw many from the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast and
Rustbelt who may have, like me, felt less than included ( based on distance
and expense, moreso than any negative outward comments or actions ) at
previous events in Reno and Phoenix.

So there is it, my plans.

I will develop a website for each on the coming months, if you want to
help, I'd love it.  I need to be decisive to make these happen, so please
understand that I'm not changing the month or the locations, not trying to
be a dick, but somebody needs to lead and I organize for a living, it could
be debated and othets bounce ideas around while nothing concrete gets
accomplished,  not enough time for that

So if you want to help, please email me.

More to come,

Michael Shortt

On Oct 14, 2012 6:32 PM, "Bob Lehmann" <bob at longwood2.com> wrote:

> You know there is no law saying you couldn't have two rally's per every
third year.  I would like to go to one on the east coast, but wouldn't go
to the west coast, too far and way too expensive.