[DeTomaso] Pink Panthers

Peter Havlik peterhavlik at me.com
Fri Oct 12 21:56:41 EDT 2012

Actually, there were three (3) Pink Panteras. Leanne Edelsten, a notorious socialite married to a wealthy and famous doctor in Australia also had a pink pantera, a GT5 VIN #9304 with pink panther characters painted on the rear quarters. The car was well known and appeared in a number of tabloid articles, magazine articles and other media reports. Sports Car World Magazine did a major review and test of the car entitled "The Panther Wore Pink", including a centrefold shot, and pronounced it the fastest they had ever tested. This GT5 has since been repainted red and still resides in Australia.

Mike,

Let me be clear(er).  There are TWO (2) pink Panteras!  (Yikes!)

Now that I have searched. BOTH are in the 59xx range. 5917 has "Pink
Panther"

painted on the car.

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNNA05917/RTHPNNA0
5917.asp

Bev's car is 5958, and she has a "poster board" that calls it the "Pink
Panther".

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNNA05953/RTHPNNA0
5953.asp

I realized there were no pics of Bev's car, so I found some I took in 2010,
and added them to the registry.

So which one is more pink?  Or is (more) rightly called the Pink Panther???

And thanks to "Toby" for removing/restoring another (once) pink Pantera!

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/RegistryImages/RTHPNMG03397/RTHPNMG0
3397.asp

Chuck