[DeTomaso] Skinny spare

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 01:04:00 EDT 2012

Guido, I adapted a mid-'80s Thunderbird high-pressure spare to our Pantera.
Several problems: as you say, the center hole dia. is wrong, and that
variety of "Thunderbird" has 4-bolt Pinto spindles, so some TIG welding and
remachining was needed. Finally, it didn't lay in the front trunk well unless the
brake booster vac line was rotated to the outer side of the booster
cannister. Plus, keeping 50+ psi in the thing seemed like it might be a chore. So I
never used it. On the good side, it was made of forged aluminum and clears
all known giant aftermarket brakes front & rear. Make me an offer. FWIW- J
DeRyke