[DeTomaso] FUN RALLY - EAST?

Curt Hall cuvee at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 11 18:56:36 EDT 2012

I think the idea of a Fun Rally-East would be cool! Like some have said, maybe every 3rd/4th year? I have never been to Tennessee I  would love to visit there one day! That said, with the economy, and the Gas prices, money is tight for all of us? No one has talk about the cost?

I though about it and did some figuring, Just some rough numbers! They could be wrong?

Here goes...
its about 2242 miles from here to Tennessee! One way! (from Modesto Calif., in the middle of the state)
drive 750 miles a day 750 x 3 = 2250 miles.  3 days going, 3 days coming home, Motels 2/3 nights? $75/$100 a night $275/$300...X 2 coming and going...lets say $550
get there on the third night? or fourth morning?
15 miles to the gal. give or take, 5 bucks a gal. fill the tank lets say 20 gals. 5 x 20=$100 a tank
fill up 7 or 8 times one way $700-$800 bucks...lets say round trip= about $1500 bucks for fuel.
OH...and food, lets say $50 a day on the cheep! LOL per day X 6 days, coming and going =$300 bucks

Then there's the cost of the Event $$$ and the cost of the Hotel $$$...let say maybe another $600 bucks?........Grand Total...wait for it...$2950.00...OUCH! Not to mention the loss in pay because of the extra days off, if you can get them? I know these costs are the same East coming West or West going East!

Start saving your dollars, HP and and Fun never come cheep! LOL
Might be cheaper to just fly in? (where's the fun in that? LOL)

Not trying to be a wet blanket just thinking out loud!